So a few years ago I purchased this book “50 Things Every Young Lady Should Know”. I fell in love with this book. I shared some from the book so we ALL could work on these improvements within ourselves. This year we will do all 50 so we can help each other get better. I like to think that a lot of these also apply to EVERYONE. So feel free to share. All content credit goes to Kay West and her team.
I will post one each week for 50 weeks. I will Wednesdays. That way you, your friends, daughters, nieces, ect. can have a full week to work on it. Share with friends.
Thank you Kay West for this awesome book.
WEEK 1:”SAY PLEASE”
Say “please” consistently, to everyone, always. It doesn’t matter if you’re asking your brother to “Pass the potatoes” or asking the busy clerk in the store to please wrap your purchase for your mother’s birthday gift.
Treat your little brother, however annoying he may be, with any less consideration than you do a stranger. And Vice versa.
Because please really is a magic word that adds a layer pleasantry to every request. The more you use it, the more natural it becomes.
A lady says the word please every time she makes a request, no matter how small it seems.
A lady answers, “Yes Please.” if someone asks if she would like somethings. If not, she says, “No thank you.”
A lady knows “please” is just enough. Saying “pretty please” or “pleeeeease” is unnecessary and can be annoying.
The other day I found that I needed a “Girl Power” playlist. I went looking for an already made list and to my disappointment only found one on Pandora radio (which was pretty sad because it was break up songs) and the other was Disney (had a few good songs but it focused on the movie or show). So I set about to create my own list. I did have some help from some of my awesome FB friends. So here’s my list.
- “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato
- “Jumpin’ Jumpin” by Destiny’s Child
- “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child (because so many still love the song)
- “Boss” by Fifth Harmony
- “Feeling Myself” by Nicki Minaj
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- “Rude Boy” by Rihanna
- “Conceited” Remy Ma
- “Whateva” by Rema Ma
- “I’m Real” by J Lo
- “Who’s That Girl” by Eve
- “I’m Better” by Missy Elliott
- “Eve” by Eve
- “You Had Me, You Lost Me” by Eve
- “She bad Bad” by Eve
- “Make It Out This Town” by Eve
- “Grind Or Die” by Eve
- “Zero Below” by Eve
- “Empire State Of Mind” by Jay Z & Alicia Keys
- “Girl On Fire” by Alicia Keys
- “Roar” by Katy Perry
- “Swish Swish” by Katy Perry
- “Broken Glass” by Rachel Platten
- “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten
- “Stand By You” by Rachel Platten
- “Who Says” by Selena Gomez
- “Ladies Night” by Lil’ Kim
- “Look But Don’t Touch” by Empire Cast
- “Just Stand Up!” by Artist Stand Up To Cancer
Those are the songs currently on my “Girl Power” playlist. Do you have others that should be added? I’d like to know!
5 Weird Things I Like
- Ice Cream and Chips….Not just any ice cream and chips, it has to be specific. Ice creams typically include: Butter Pecan, Pralines n’ cream or Orange sherbet. Sometimes Vanilla will work. Chips include: Hot fries, Sweet Heat and Munchos.
- I like to drink the pickle juice from the pickles. I really love the bread and chips ones. Those are my favorite!
- I love working in Fabrics and Crafts. I don’t think it’s weird, but others do because it’s such small and tedious stuff back there. My customers make it all worth it. I enjoy interacting with most of my customers. I love hearing about their projects and when they bring pictures of the final product, I’m elated.
- I enjoy school. I know most people be like “I’m done with school.” Me, you can never know too much. Learning keeps you growing and motivated.
- I enjoy unpacking after a move. I don’t care too much for the packing part or the actual moving part (unless I hire movers), but I LOVE unpacking. I don’t know why, but I do. It gives me life to unpack and redecorate and figure things out.
Those are five of my weird things I like. Is there something weird I like that I may have missed? Share! What about you, what’s something weird that you like? I’d love to hear from you!