Today I want to share 10 of my favorite things that I enjoy in life. My first list of the year.Movies – I love watching movies. Mostly action movies.Gummy Bears – Don’t judge me! I’ve cut back, but I try to keep at least one pack in the house. Football – I’ve loved football since I was in Germany. Think I was in middle school when I started watching, but fell in love with it later in high school.Dance videos – No, I’m not a dancer, but I enjoy watching those that do. It gives me life. I might attempt the easier routines or try the ones made for exercise. (I.e. Zumba is one example)Site Seeing – It doesn’t matter where I go, I can almost find something to go see. I will even tour my own city like a tourist. You’ll be amazed at what you find. Try it!Writing – I don’t write as much, but I’m getting back to my love. Poetry is one of top things to write followed by blogging. Spoken Word – A good show is always good for the mind and body. It’s always a joy just to listen to all that raw talent.Reading – This is another thing I’m trying to build back up. A good book can be read in a day or two. Jewelry – I’ve always loved picking up a cute accessory, especially earrings and rings. Now that I see it, I’m falling in love with a lot more styles and colors. Let me go place an order! 😁Photography – I’ve been in love with taking pictures since middle school. Yep, Germany again. How can you not like taking pictures in such a pretty country.
There’s my random list of 10 Favorite Things!
I love to try new restaurants. This is especially true when I travel. When I’m out of town, I try not to go anywhere that I have at home. Even a quick on the meal, I try to make it somewhere new. Every now and then I’ll hit something I know. Those moments are typically when I’ve had a long day and need to know for sure that my food will be good. I’m going to share some of my favorite places to eat. Some of them or major chains, others are not.
- Burger Bar — Roy, Utah — I feel in love with this spot from the very first time my best friend took me there. The burgers are great, the shakes are the best. So, now every time I go visit, they know we need to make a stop there. This was on Diners, Dives and Drive Ins too.
- The Black Sheep — Richmond, VA — A co-worker and I went there after seeing it on TV. Their sub sandwiches are named after actual US Navy Submarines!! They were not only delicious and worth the two hour drive, but they are HUGE!!!!!! We had enough for left over for two meals. They have other foods, but we never made it back to try them. So if you have, please share your thoughts on this.
- In & Out — The first and only time I had this was around midnight after flying in to Salt Lake City. Yes, there are some closer, but I was visiting and like the awesome friends I have, he took me there. Don’t ask me how to order what I had, but OMG is the only thing I can say. No other words needed. Will be looking for this one as I make my up coming travels.
- This Is It — Mainly Atlanta — My friend in Atlanta took me here when I was there for a travel conference. At first I was hesitant and wasn’t sure how I would like it. After getting my food and taking a bite, I was on the highway to heaven. I think I ordered ribs with sides of course and some banana pudding. I think that banana pudding must have been made from scratch. Can’t wait to go again.
- Altobeli’s Restaurant and Piano Bar — Johns Creek, GA (near Alpharetta) — I found this when I was in the area for a job interview. I love this Italian restaurant. It’s quiet and the food is delicious. I haven’t been able to check out their live music yet, but hopefully I will soon. If you have, share your thoughts please. I’m glad I stumbled up on this little spot. Looking for date night? This is a good place to go if you like Italian.
- Famous Daves — I first went to this restaurant in Alexandria, VA. I love their dishes. I think I fell in love with the pull pork nachos!! OMG! This had my taste buds running over. The ribs are good too, but their sausage is awesome.
- Chipole – I also first tried this in Alexandria, VA. At first when mutt co worker mentioned it, I was like “I don’t know”. I’ve never cared much for burritos because I felt like the wraps were too much. Then he told how big they were. I really was hesitant then until he told me I could get it in a bowl! Since then, I’ve been hooked!!!
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – I forest tried this one in Jacksonville, FL. I love Italian restaurants. This one was right in the shopping area I was at, so that was perfect. I enjoyed not just the food, but also tinge atmosphere. It even tasted good as a leftover!!
What’s some of your favorite restaurants? Where is it located if it’s not a major chain?
Movies, movies and more movies!!! I’ve always been a huge fan of movies. Over the years there has not been a shortage of movies. Some were good and others not so good.
Today I want to discuss movie series. There are many sequels out there. On this list I’ll share my favorite series that have three or more movies in them. So let’s get this party started!
- Matrix – There are many things I like about this set. The special effects always capture me. It literally starts at the opening scene. I remember trying to count them and we were at 50 in less than 10 minutes!
- Fast and Furious – Fast cars and an ever evolving story line. Granted I don’t know everything about cars, but I catch on pretty well. I think it is only one out of this series I didn’t much care for. Overall, I love the good chase. Even though there is some major off screen drama, their on screen dynamics is flawless.
- Back To The Future – This classic has been a favorite ever since I first watched it. Now that we are 3 years past 2015, how are the kids? What changes would they make to a reboot to for the current time?
- Die Hard – Drama during the holidays, what’s not to like? Granted I do find myself asking how many times can be continue to find himself in those situations? Good story lines and progressively better dialog.
- Men in Black – One of the things I love about this series is the comic connection the characters have. It keeps the movies light and fun.
- Nightmare on Elm Street – As far as horror, this was my favorite. They don’t make them like that anymore!
- Avengers – Some of the Marvel superheros in one place. I don’t claim to know all the small details that came from the comics because I would rather read a book. However, I love the action in these movies. Of course they include some of my favorite superheros too.
- Mission Impossible – What’s not to love about this action packed, adrenaline pumping movie set? Tom Cruise never disappoints with these movies. I also love the fact that he does most of his own stunts in these too.
- Bourne – The mystery surrounding Jason Bourne! I love it! It contains just enough romance to where it’s not taking over the movies and a lot of action. To me, this is some of Matt Damon’s best work.
- Blade – When it comes to vampires, these are the perfect movies to watch. Not all that romance and love stuff (nothing wrong with romance).
What are some of your favorite movie series?