When we talk about apps we typically always discuss those that beneficial and help us with our day to day life. We rarely talk about the fun ones that we use to waste time.
We all have apps (if you have a smart phone) that may not always be productive for us, but a lot of time they are fun time wasters.
Here are a few of my apps:
- Cooking Diary
- Paint by Number
- Wish (I don’t buy much at the moment, but always adding to my list)
- YouTube…this can be productive is used correctly, but one can get caught up waiting time too.
- Social Media… While FB, IG, Twitter and other platforms can be useful, if you’re not careful you’ll waste a ton of time.
- Kindle (the reader in me)
What are some apps you use that are time wasters?
In this day and age there are not many people who don’t use apps for one thing or another. In the event you have been hiding under a rock, don’t like technology, or from so in the future that it’s no longer relevant, here’s the definition of “app”.
APP: “an application, especially as downloaded by a user to a mobile device.”
Apps can be used for so many things for personal and business use. You have apps to help you manage your time, keep you organized, help relax you and many, many other uses.
While apps can be very beneficial, they can also prove to be unproductive if you’re not careful.
Today I want to share with you 10 apps that I use regularly.
10 of my most used apps:
- Paparazzi Accessories… I sell paparazzi so of course I would use this one all the time!
- Facebook… I use FB for personal and business use on a daily basis.
- Colornote… I love this note app. I use it almost daily to jot down all kinds of things. They also have a privacy feature if you need it.
- Cinchshare…I use this daily to schedule my posts across multiple platforms. They also have training and a host of other great information.
- Fitbit… I keep track of my steps and sleeping habits. I also enjoy a good challenge between family and friends.
- YouTube…I always use this for personal and business needs. Great for trainings, how tos, and just general fun.
- Gallery… The photographer in me use this daily. I use this for all of my business and personal needs. Nothing like a great photo!
- Wal-Mart Grocery… Yes I work at Wal-Mart. Yes I love using the grocery pickup. It’s so convenient and easy to use.
- Square… This is used for business for invoices and payments.
- Kindle… The reader in me use this almost daily.
That’s my top 10 list of apps I use most. What are some of the apps you use most?
DO APPS HELP YOU OR JUST WASTE YOUR TIME?
Apps…..Those of us that use smart phones (yes there are many who don’t) typically use apps regularly. I know I use a number of different apps on a daily base. I use apps for both business and pleasure. First I’ll discuss how some apps really do help me and how some waste my time. Then I’ll share some of my apps I use regularly that help me. Sounds good? Cool.
As I said before apps help me and waste my time both. There many apps that really do waste my time. Take for instance the games!!! You know the ones like Candy Crush, Panda Pop, Cookie Jam. Yep those addictive games. I’ve gotten so much better at not spending time on those games. Normally if I do play them, it’s when I’m waiting somewhere like while getting my car serviced, at the doctor office, in line at the tag office. I think you get the point there. I did find myself spending time playing games when I could have been productive. Doing things like writing my next book, editing a project, editing photos, doing research for a project. Those games are the biggest waste of my time. The other thing that can be a waste of time if I’m not careful is the music and wallpaper apps. I love to change my wallpaper on my phone, so I could easily spend time looking for wallpapers that reflect my current mood or frame of mind.
Now apps that help me….There are many there. I’ve found a number of apps that speed up the process. At times those same apps help me stay productive even when I’m waiting at the car shop or doctors office. The more technology grows the more apps that are created that help me in my day to day activity. I can post, update, change statuses, photos and more while on the go. This blog can be done on the go without my laptop. I love the convenience of a number of the apps out there. Now could I live without some of them? Yea, sure I can. Do I want to? No not really. I can do so much more and save time and money with the apps that are being created. I can reach so many people in my personal and business worlds with apps.
So for me, apps can waste my time, so I limit those apps that are on my devices that will waste my time and ensure I have those apps that help me.
As promised, here are some of the apps I use daily. Most you may already be familiar with.
- Geek Squad
- Contract Maker
- Blood Pressure Tracker
- Various Restaurants (I.E. Chili’s; Chiipotle, Pizza Hut)
- Banking (I.E. Wells Fargo, Bank Of America)
- NFL Mobile (only on Verizon)
- Yahoo Sport
- Car insurance (I.E. Geico, Progressive)
- Smug Mug
- Color Note