I love to try new restaurants. This is especially true when I travel. When I’m out of town, I try not to go anywhere that I have at home. Even a quick on the meal, I try to make it somewhere new. Every now and then I’ll hit something I know. Those moments are typically when I’ve had a long day and need to know for sure that my food will be good. I’m going to share some of my favorite places to eat. Some of them or major chains, others are not.
- Burger Bar — Roy, Utah — I feel in love with this spot from the very first time my best friend took me there. The burgers are great, the shakes are the best. So, now every time I go visit, they know we need to make a stop there. This was on Diners, Dives and Drive Ins too.
- The Black Sheep — Richmond, VA — A co-worker and I went there after seeing it on TV. Their sub sandwiches are named after actual US Navy Submarines!! They were not only delicious and worth the two hour drive, but they are HUGE!!!!!! We had enough for left over for two meals. They have other foods, but we never made it back to try them. So if you have, please share your thoughts on this.
- In & Out — The first and only time I had this was around midnight after flying in to Salt Lake City. Yes, there are some closer, but I was visiting and like the awesome friends I have, he took me there. Don’t ask me how to order what I had, but OMG is the only thing I can say. No other words needed. Will be looking for this one as I make my up coming travels.
- This Is It — Mainly Atlanta — My friend in Atlanta took me here when I was there for a travel conference. At first I was hesitant and wasn’t sure how I would like it. After getting my food and taking a bite, I was on the highway to heaven. I think I ordered ribs with sides of course and some banana pudding. I think that banana pudding must have been made from scratch. Can’t wait to go again.
- Altobeli’s Restaurant and Piano Bar — Johns Creek, GA (near Alpharetta) — I found this when I was in the area for a job interview. I love this Italian restaurant. It’s quiet and the food is delicious. I haven’t been able to check out their live music yet, but hopefully I will soon. If you have, share your thoughts please. I’m glad I stumbled up on this little spot. Looking for date night? This is a good place to go if you like Italian.
- Famous Daves — I first went to this restaurant in Alexandria, VA. I love their dishes. I think I fell in love with the pull pork nachos!! OMG! This had my taste buds running over. The ribs are good too, but their sausage is awesome.
- Chipole – I also first tried this in Alexandria, VA. At first when mutt co worker mentioned it, I was like “I don’t know”. I’ve never cared much for burritos because I felt like the wraps were too much. Then he told how big they were. I really was hesitant then until he told me I could get it in a bowl! Since then, I’ve been hooked!!!
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – I forest tried this one in Jacksonville, FL. I love Italian restaurants. This one was right in the shopping area I was at, so that was perfect. I enjoyed not just the food, but also tinge atmosphere. It even tasted good as a leftover!!
What’s some of your favorite restaurants? Where is it located if it’s not a major chain?