We all like to be the better version of ourselves. Or at least most of us do, I hope. Everyday should be an improvement over the day before. Each day we should be getting better and always improving on the better version of ourselves. Self-improvement is always the the key. Here are a few ways I use to continue to improve myself. Some ways are easier than others, but I try to work on something daily.
- Honest self-reflection – It’s important to be honest with yourself about who you are, where you are right now and where you want to go. Anything less, you’re doing yourself a disservice.
- Maximize your strength – Those strengths that you have should be utilized to help create the better version of yourself.
- Work through your weaknesses – We all have weaknesses. Identify them and begin working on them. No, don’t tackle them all at once.
- Commit to long term therapy – Commit to taking the time you need to improve.
- Practice mediation – Remember the simple and most important things.
- Give back to others – Be kind and generous. Giving back to others don’t have to be huge and/or publicized.
- Get out of your comfort zone – One small step out of your comfort zone will help you step further out. You never know what you’ll like until you do it.
- Imagine who you want to be. What does that look like? – You should be able to visualize the best version of yourself.
- Develop a thick skin – This takes work, but will benefit you as you continue grow.
- Figure out what you need to change to get there – Don’t wait, start making those changes today.
- Adopt good habits – Once you start getting rid of bad habits you need to fill that space with good habits.
- Break down the ideal you into small managable steps
- Create a plan and list of goals – 1/2/3/5/8/10 years – Look at it regularly to keep you focused
- Do the small steps everyday – Yes everyday
- Learn new skills – This always helps you grow and get better.
- Create bigger steps – As you start completing the small steps, move on to the bigger steps.
- Be happy
- Praise yourself – You may not be where you want to be, but progress is progress, celebrate it.
What have you done to create the better version of yourself?