“Unbreak My Heart” by Kashinda T. Marche
I have mixed feelings about this book. I really loved the story. Great storyline and written okay. The characters were real just like the main point of the story. The conversations with the characters were real. I really enjoyed how they always had hope. Great reminder that we may fall, may give up at times, but don’t let it stop you.
The only thing that gave me pause was the repetition. It kind of threw me because I hate a lot of repetition. Other than that it was a good book.
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
SAYING “EXCUSE ME”
Say “excuse me” if you have to walk through the middle of a line of people at the concession stand.
Scoot through when you see an opening as if no one will notice.
People waiting in line can be very protective of their spots but will be happy to step back if they know your intention is not to butt in.
Say “excuse me?” if you haven’t heard what someone has said to you would like them to repeat it.
“Huh” sounds as if you are grunting, and young ladies don’t grunt unless they are moving heavy objects or involved in an athletic endeavor.
Say “excuse me” if you need to interrupt someone, even if it’s your own mom on the computer or your dad reading a book.
Fidget, wave your arms around, or sigh dramatically.
Because saying “excuse me” is a perfectly acceptable way to get someone’s attention.
- A lady always says “excuse me” to get someone’s attention, not “hey” or “um”.
- A lady says “excuse me” when passing in front of someone’s line of vision, whether that’s in front of the lipstick display at the pharmacy or a painting in a museum.
Well, here I am, in my final chapter of my Total Knee Replacement. Well not final, final chapter. As I stated before, it takes a solid year to completely heal from this. As it stands, I returned to December fourth. Was I ready? Physically, yes I think so. My doctor thinks so. Mentally, don’t think I was.
On my last visit he tested my leg by bending it, stretching it straight out and the strength by having me do a squat and a one legged squat. Yes, that one legged squat hurt. I was a touch stiff as it was early in the morning and hadn’t completed my exercises that morning yet. He did tell me to to focus on those squats and lunges for strengthening my quads. So for the past month and half that’s what I’ve been working on. I’ve increased my steps. I haven’t done much walking due to the weather here. However, I’ve done some light workout inside on the Wii and Xbox.
The one thing I am still having slight issues with is my energy level. When I first went back to work I got winded after 15 minutes of a light workout. Needless to say, going back to work was tough. It’s great that I have some great co-workers and an understanding supervisor.
After a month and half of being back at work I’ve noticed my energy level is doing better. Some days I struggle, but overall, it’s better. I have almost no pain when I’m working and moving. I have some pain sometimes at night. I’m still working on strengthening my quads everyday. My knee only buckles when I’m extremely tired.
Overall I’m satisfied with the results. I don’t struggle through pain just to make through the day with tons of pain medicine. Do I recommend getting the surgery? If it is needed and there are not any other options, then, yes, I do recommend having the surgery.
Thank you for following me through this journey.
SAY “THANK YOU”
Say “thank you” anytime someone does something nice for you, no matter how well you know them.
Think you don’t have to say “thank you’ to your mom, your dad, or your big sister because they are family and don’t count.
Because family is where good manners begin, not where they end.
Say “thank you” when a teacher compliments your drawing, or the piano teacher remarks kindly on your playing, even if you’e not happy with your drawing or your performance.
Reply “it’s ugly!” or “I was terrible!” even if you could have done better.
Because rejecting someone’s kind comments on your accomplishment implies they have no taste, and that’s insulting.
Say “thank you” to the person who just made your strawberry-banana smoothie, handed you your change at the market, or gave you a program at hockey game.
Assume that because people are “doing their jobs: they don’t deserve to be thanked for that particular interaction with you.
Because it makes people feel good to know their efforts are appreciated, and why wouldn’t you want to make someone feel good?
- A lady smiles and makes eye contact when she says “thank you.”
- A lady says “thank you” even when the person she is thanking is on the other end of the phone.
- A lady says “thank you” even if no one else has – or especially if no one else has done so.
I love to try new restaurants. This is especially true when I travel. When I’m out of town, I try not to go anywhere that I have at home. Even a quick on the meal, I try to make it somewhere new. Every now and then I’ll hit something I know. Those moments are typically when I’ve had a long day and need to know for sure that my food will be good. I’m going to share some of my favorite places to eat. Some of them or major chains, others are not.
- Burger Bar — Roy, Utah — I feel in love with this spot from the very first time my best friend took me there. The burgers are great, the shakes are the best. So, now every time I go visit, they know we need to make a stop there. This was on Diners, Dives and Drive Ins too.
- The Black Sheep — Richmond, VA — A co-worker and I went there after seeing it on TV. Their sub sandwiches are named after actual US Navy Submarines!! They were not only delicious and worth the two hour drive, but they are HUGE!!!!!! We had enough for left over for two meals. They have other foods, but we never made it back to try them. So if you have, please share your thoughts on this.
- In & Out — The first and only time I had this was around midnight after flying in to Salt Lake City. Yes, there are some closer, but I was visiting and like the awesome friends I have, he took me there. Don’t ask me how to order what I had, but OMG is the only thing I can say. No other words needed. Will be looking for this one as I make my up coming travels.
- This Is It — Mainly Atlanta — My friend in Atlanta took me here when I was there for a travel conference. At first I was hesitant and wasn’t sure how I would like it. After getting my food and taking a bite, I was on the highway to heaven. I think I ordered ribs with sides of course and some banana pudding. I think that banana pudding must have been made from scratch. Can’t wait to go again.
- Altobeli’s Restaurant and Piano Bar — Johns Creek, GA (near Alpharetta) — I found this when I was in the area for a job interview. I love this Italian restaurant. It’s quiet and the food is delicious. I haven’t been able to check out their live music yet, but hopefully I will soon. If you have, share your thoughts please. I’m glad I stumbled up on this little spot. Looking for date night? This is a good place to go if you like Italian.
- Famous Daves — I first went to this restaurant in Alexandria, VA. I love their dishes. I think I fell in love with the pull pork nachos!! OMG! This had my taste buds running over. The ribs are good too, but their sausage is awesome.
- Chipole – I also first tried this in Alexandria, VA. At first when mutt co worker mentioned it, I was like “I don’t know”. I’ve never cared much for burritos because I felt like the wraps were too much. Then he told how big they were. I really was hesitant then until he told me I could get it in a bowl! Since then, I’ve been hooked!!!
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – I forest tried this one in Jacksonville, FL. I love Italian restaurants. This one was right in the shopping area I was at, so that was perfect. I enjoyed not just the food, but also tinge atmosphere. It even tasted good as a leftover!!
What’s some of your favorite restaurants? Where is it located if it’s not a major chain?
So a few years ago I purchased this book “50 Things Every Young Lady Should Know”. I fell in love with this book. I shared some from the book so we ALL could work on these improvements within ourselves. This year we will do all 50 so we can help each other get better. I like to think that a lot of these also apply to EVERYONE. So feel free to share. All content credit goes to Kay West and her team.
I will post one each week for 50 weeks. I will Wednesdays. That way you, your friends, daughters, nieces, ect. can have a full week to work on it. Share with friends.
Thank you Kay West for this awesome book.
WEEK 1:”SAY PLEASE”
Say “please” consistently, to everyone, always. It doesn’t matter if you’re asking your brother to “Pass the potatoes” or asking the busy clerk in the store to please wrap your purchase for your mother’s birthday gift.
Treat your little brother, however annoying he may be, with any less consideration than you do a stranger. And Vice versa.
Because please really is a magic word that adds a layer pleasantry to every request. The more you use it, the more natural it becomes.
A lady says the word please every time she makes a request, no matter how small it seems.
A lady answers, “Yes Please.” if someone asks if she would like somethings. If not, she says, “No thank you.”
A lady knows “please” is just enough. Saying “pretty please” or “pleeeeease” is unnecessary and can be annoying.
These last few months have taught me so much. I’ve discovered the truth about many people and many of their intentions.
I’m not ashamed to say that the season of friendship we had is now over. I understand we are different people and have a different understanding of what friends are. We had a great time while it lasted.
One thing that I’ve really come to accept in every aspect of life is the saying “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” Many times we try to make excuses, try to give them chances and sometimes we just overlook certain characteristics. I think I did some of all of that. Now, though, I’m seeing clearer.
While I was out for my knee surgery I also learned the value of communication. There was so much I couldn’t do on my own for weeks. It taught me how to communicate better. I am by no means perfect, but I’m better. If I didn’t understand it before, I understand it now. There are people that you’d never hear from if you don’t call them. Communication is a two way line. If one person is doing all the work, then what’s the point? It shows they don’t really care, or you’re just not important enough. Guess what, those days are over too. Just because I’m not married or have kids, like many others, please understand my busy life is just as important.
No, I promise you this isn’t a New Year, New Me, type of thing. This is growing within and moving on from toxic people. As I am redrawing my circle I realize I like what is defining my new circle. Change shouldn’t be once a year at the beginning of the year, it should be when you see a need within yourself. If we don’t grow within, we become stagnant. I’ve been stagnant for a few years now and it’s held me back. Now it’s time for me to put one foot in front of the other and begin walking this new path I’ve created.
It’s time to say goodbye.
While I maybe transparent with things going on with me, I still think there are many things you may not know about me. So, today I’ll share a few of those little known facts you may not know about me.
- I’m an introvert. Yes it’s true, I’m a true introvert. I’ve been working on being more extrovert, especially with business. One of my goals for the upcoming year is to be more social in real life than on social media.
- I like to sing, but can’t sing worth a lick!! So don’t ask me to sing, because I will not embarrass myself that way. Nope!!!
- I really want to do spoken word, but the introvert in me says, chill. I’ve done it twice, but, I’m quick to say no when they ask. I know the only way I’ll find my style is by doing it.
- I like to bake. I don’t do it often anymore because of my schedule and stuff. I do want to start again.
- I like meeting new people. But again, the introvert in me will typically hold back from introducing myself.
- I don’t really eat soul food. Shh….I know, don’t say it!!! It’s just not my thing. So when ya’ll be posting your holiday dinners, all I be thinking is “no, no, no, no”.
- I love playing board games. Our family play a few games whenever we get together. It’s always fun and laughter. So, if you can’t laugh, don’t come play.
- I love school. I’m always trying to learn something new. Sometimes, my school be YouTube or a customer. I feel that if you are not growing in knowledge somehow, then you are not growing.
- I love painting. Just don’t ask me to do anything free hand. That I can’t do. I’ll leave that for my sister and niece.
- I’m looking for someone who’s ready to plan a 30 day world cruise in the next few years. Yes I said world, but I think most of them center around Europe and India areas. Yes, I’ve priced them. Yes, it’s on my bucket list, somewhere between 5-10 years. No, all 30 days will not be on the ship, it will make plenty of stops at ports of call.
These are just 10 facts about me you may have not known. What’s something about you we may not know? I’d love to hear your comments.
Columbus Wears Black
Compound Columbus Poetry Night
Last Saturday the Compound returned to Columbus! I must say I was excited to get my poetry fix in. Red Storm, Mr. Emotional, and Fresh Prince came to town and killed it.
This was my first time seeing Fresh Prince. I enjoyed watching him perform. I was glad I was there to finally see him. It was most definitely worth it.
Red Storm, I’ve seen once before. I could tell the people really enjoyed him! He was real and very transparent during each of his pieces. His story is raw and real.
Mr. Emotional was also a treat. I was looking forward to seeing him perform again. He really bought out the emotional side of poetry. I love his cause he spoke about to help the children.
Each of the featured artist was great and had a unique flavor that made the show rock. The local artist that participated also were really good. I always enjoy seeing them. Let’s not forget DJ Truz was in the house too!
I’m definitely glad you have the Compound back. Thank you Solow Ent. for making this happen. I’m looking forward to your next event!
Official Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟